Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Restaurant Review: Relish

I recently surprised my husband with a weekend getaway to see Jimmy Buffett in West Palm Beach, FL.  It was my first trip to WPB and I hope it won't be my last. The beaches there are beautiful and more importantly I found a place that serves the best tasting burgers.  Relish is located in the historic Northwood Village neighborhood of WPB and they have been opened for a little over a year.  The first decision you have to make when you arrive, is what you would like your burger to be made out of. You can choose from beef, black beans, mahi mahi, turkey and even lobster to name a few. After you decide on the type and how you want it cooked, you get to choose your "relish". Their menu offers many delectable toppings to choose from. 

When Michael and  I arrived, we knew we both wanted a beef burger. Michael wasn't sure what relish he wanted so he asked the lady working the counter to surprise him.  She picked the sweet and smokey bacon relish for him. A perfect choice for  Michael. I chose the scotch bonnet mango relish. We shared an order of fries with the sea salt topping and I ordered a chocolate covered cherry milk shake.

Michael adored his burger. My burger was amazing. The burger itself was cooked perfectly and it was well seasoned.  I could have just eaten the burger on its own, but I made the very wise choice to have scotch bonnet mango relish. it was the perfect combination of sweet and spicy.  I was actually a little worried when I first saw it because I usually don't like mangoes and I wasn't sure how it would be on a burger, but I am glad I took the chance. It was probably one of the best decisions I have made in a long time. It truly was the best burger I have ever eaten.  I can not stop raving or thinking about that burger. It was my cheeseburger in paradise.

Now I also have to praise the milkshake.  I think chocolate covered cherries are one of my favorite candies, so I couldn't resist trying their interpretation in a milkshake and it didn't disappoint.  It was the perfect combination of chocolate and cherry topped off with fresh whipped cream and a chocolate covered cherry.  It was delish!

We enjoyed it so much we went back on our way home. This time I ordered the fried macaroni cheese for an appetizer. I heard angels sing with my first bite. I told Michael I would have to divorce him so I could marry the fried mac & cheese

I am  trying my best to find a reason to go back. Michael wasn't too keen on the idea of a 4 hour drive just to get lunch. I don't see anything wrong with it.

I highly recommend visiting Relish the next time you are in WPB or just taking a trip to WPB to visit Relish

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: