Saturday, June 18, 2011

French Toast Bites

For some reason the other day Michael came home with multiple bags of hot dog buns.  I didn't ask why, sometimes it is safer that way.  One night we had hot dogs.  The second night I used the hot dog buns to make garlic cheese bread. Finally the weekend came and I still had hot dog buns to use up. I hate throwing out food if I don't have to so I decided to use the last the of the bread to make these French Toast Bites.  Turns out I am the only person in my house  who enjoys French Toast, so I had to freeze a batch. Now you can use any type of bread you have on hand to make this recipe, but a thicker bread would work best.

Ingredients

8 thick slices of bread
¼ cup flour
1 cup milk
1 pinch salt
2 eggs
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp nutmeg

Photobucket

Combine flour, milk, salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg and sugar

Photobucket

Whisk until smooth

Photobucket

Break up the bread into bite size pieces

Photobucket

Soak pieces of bread in mixture

Photobucket

Photobucket

Add bread pieces to a pan with melted butter and cook over medium heat until golden brown

Photobucket

Serve hot with syrup and powdered sugar

Photobucket

Print this recipe

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Yummy! Maple Syrup & Powdered Sugar!!!