Sunday, November 14, 2010

Breakfast Pockets

These breakfast pockets are really easy to make and I love to make them during the school year. When we are running late we can grab them and eat in the car. One whole pocket can be too much for one serving. I usually eat half and save the other half for later.

Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 35 minutes Servings: 3

Ingredients


2 tbsp butter
6 eggs
1/4 cup reduced shredded cheese
2 tsp 1% milk
6 count refrigerated crescent rolls

Seasonings to Taste
Salt
Pepper
Photobucket
Preheat oven to 350 F

Crack 6 eggs into a bowl.  Before I scramble the eggs I add a splash of milk, salt and pepper. I also use a fork to poke holes in yolks.
Photobucket

Whisk the eggs until well blended.
Photobucket

Meanwhile add 1 tbsp of butter to medium size skillet over medium heat.  Add eggs to pan
.
Photobucket

Cook until eggs just start to set. I like my eggs to be fluffy and my trick is to scramble continuously until eggs are mostly set.
Photobucket

Add cheddar cheese.
Photobucket
When eggs are done cooking, remove from heat and set aside.

Remove crescent rolls from tube. Instead of 6 triangles, separate into 3 rectangles and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
Photobucket

Divide egg mixture between 3 rectangles.
Photobucket
Fold edges into the middle and press ends together, sealing the pockets.


Photobucket

Use a fork to poke holes in the center.
Photobucket

Melt the remaining tbsp of butter and light brush over pockets. Bake for about 17 minutes.
Photobucket

No comments: