Thursday, December 1, 2011

War Hero Cookies (Peanut Butter Cookies)

COOKIES! Imagine me saying that in my best Cookie Monster voice.  I love baking cookies, I don't know why I wait  until December to bake them.  I turn into a baking maniac in December, so Don't be surprised if I eat myself into a sugar coma before the month is up.  Don't worry I will feel very guilty in January and I will probably go on a health kick after the first of year.

Today I have a  simple peanut butter cookie. I call them War Hero Cookies because I ship them to my brother-in-law who is currently in Iraq.

Photobucket

Ingredients
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Photobucket

Directions

Cream butter in a large mixing bowl.

Photobucket

Add sugars and beat for 2 minutes. Mix in the egg and peanut butter.

Photobucket

Photobucket

In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

Photobucket

Slowly mix the dry ingredients with the sugar butter mixture.

Photobucket

Wrap dough is plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

Photobucket

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Roll the dough into 1 1/4 inch balls.

Photobucket

I spray a spoon with cooking spray before flattening the cookies.

Photobucket

Use a fork to make the traditional crisscross pattern.

Bake until light brown, 8 - 10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets for a minute, transfer to to rack to finish cooling.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This recipes makes about 2 dozen cookies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they were delicious!.......war hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!