Friday, May 13, 2011

Hot Toddy

For Mother's Day last weekend we decided to save time and money by having both of our families come over for dinner. It was my mom and brother and Michael's parents.  I love entertaining so it was nice having everyone over even if I didn't get much relaxation that day.  My brother did give me the sweetest Mother's Day card though, it made me cry.  I prepared a pot roast in the crock pot, I mean slow cooker and I also shared my newest creation, White Russian cupcakes. I will be posting the recipes soon.  Anyway, the point to this story is that my mother-in law (MIL) brought Michael a miniature bottle of fireball cinnamon whisky.  It really does taste like a fireball, but we weren't sure what to drink it with.

Last night I was struck by inspiration.  Every night before we go to bed I make Michael and me tea.  We each have our own tea that we enjoy drinking. Last night I was all out of Michael's tea but I did have some cinnamon tea. While I was boiling the water I saw the whiskey and I just new it would be a marriage made in heaven.  I made the tea for Michael and I didn't tell him what I was doing, but when he took his first sip I knew I did a good job.  He said to me I should write about it my blog so here I am, the simplest recipe I will ever post.

Ingredients

Cinnamon Whisky
Cinnamon Spice tea
Sugar (optional)

Photobucket

Prepare a cup of hot tea and and add as much or as little whisky and sugar as you like.
Sit back, relax and enjoy.

No comments: