In the interest of my wallet, because I can not afford to buy anymore clothes, I do solemnly swear to eat a little bit healthier and to exercise more.
I found this recipe for Salmon Florentine on Self Magazine's website. It is very delicious, it's only 334 calories per serving and it is very satisfying. The only complaint Michael had was that he didn't like the sun-dried tomatoes, so next time I will leave them out.
- 2 packages (10 oz each) frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (6 oz each), rinsed and patted dry
Cook shallots and garlic over medium heat.
Add sun-dried tomatoes.
Add the spinach.
After it has cooled down add the ricotta cheese.
Top salmon with spinach mixture
I served over rice pilaf.