Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Halloween Treats

I love Halloween. I do believe it is my favorite holiday.  Halloween is all about fun. There is no stress with having to finding the perfect present. I don't have to plan out a holiday menu or work on a seating chart. In fact the only thing I have to worry about is if I am going to be a sexy witch or a sexy superhero.  The best thing about Halloween? The treats and the candy.  I live in an apartment complex and we never get trick or treaters, but I always have a couple of bags of my favorite candy on hand, just in case. Don't judge me if you catch me eat miniature Kit Kat's while watching infomercials at 2 in the morning.

 I am starting my Halloween celebration early by heading down to Universal Studio's Halloween Horror Nights tomorrow.  I love a good scare!  Since there are 13 more days until Halloween, I thought I would share links to 13 spooktacular recipes on the web.  You may notice that a few of the recipes involve candy corn. I have a confession I am addicted to candy corn, I will eat an entire bag at once, so I tend to be drawn to candy corn recipes. I will check out a 12 step program in November. Maybe.

If you stop by these blogs, be sure to tell them I said hi!

Recipe Girl's Candy Corn Bark

Confessions of a Cookbook Queen's Candy Corn Meringue Cookies

Culinary Concoctions by Peabody's Candy Corn Whipped Cream Frosting

Confessions of a Cookbook Queen's Halloween Candy Brownies

Love From the Oven's Halloween Cupcake Cake Pops

Sweetopia's Spider Web Decorated Cookies

Our Best Bites' Glow in the Dark Food

Lila Lola's Jack-O-Lantern Cookies

The Other Side of 50's Candy Corn Sugar Cookies

Mandy Mortimer's Devils Food Cupcakes

Buns in My Oven's Pumpkin Caramel Spiderweb Cookies

The Pioneer Woman's Halloween Cake Balls

Lexie's Kitchen's Kid DIY Banana Mummies

No comments: